Online Privacy Statement
This Online Privacy Statement is an explanation of the information we collect, how we use it, and how this use can benefit your experience on our website and during your relationship with us. The information outlined below will assist you in making informed decisions while doing business with us. All of the services on this site are offered and provided by Master Key Alliance Inc. (hereinafter MasterKey Alliance) through its platform (online and offline) under the brand name MyKey. Thus, all rights, benefits, liabilities and obligations under these terms and conditions shall accrue to the benefit of Master Key Alliance as it owns, controls and operates MyKey.
Method of Collection of Information
MyKey does not collect personally identifiable information when you browse the MyKey website unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide such information. This means that we will not know your name, your email address, or any other personally identifiable information just because you browse the website unless you:
- access our website from a link in an email that we sent;
- are a supplier or key client and log-in to your account;
- have created a profile requesting log-in capability; or
- sent us your information via form or email on the site.
When we do need to collect personally identifiable information from you, we will ask you, your employer, your insurance agency, relocation company or travel agency to voluntarily supply us with the information we need. For example, if you would like to make a reservation at one of our properties, we may ask you for information such as name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card number and room preference to process your reservation. We may collect this information directly from you by telephone, fax, email, at the counter, upon completion of an application or enrollment form, or through your use of our website.
Information may also be collected as part of: (i) fulfilling reservation or information requests, (ii) registering to join MyKey as a supplier or key client, (iii) submitting a job application, (iv) submitting a credit application, (v) responding to communications from us or our affiliates (e.g., surveys, promotional offers, or reservation confirmations), or (vi) tracking general information such as an IP address or longitude and latitude as you visit our site to improve viewer site experiences. We endeavor to collect information only with your knowledge and with your permission when necessary.
Types Of Information
The types of personally identifiable information that we collect may include your name, home, work and email addresses, telephone and fax numbers, credit card information and other information necessary to fulfill special requests.
MyKey may also collect non-personally identifiable information about you, such as your use of our website, communication preferences, travel habits, aggregated data relative to your stays, and responses to promotional offers and surveys.
You may be offered the choice not to submit your personal information or to decide what communications you want to receive from us. However, doing so may cause certain transactions to become affected. For example, failure to provide your name will prevent the processing of reservations.
Use of Information
MyKey will never sell your information to third parties or allow its use in any manner except with the purpose to reasonably ensure and permit the business relationship that you wish to establish with MyKey.
MyKey may disclose your information to others with that purpose in the following ways:
- when we have received your written consent to do so;
- when you voluntarily choose to include personally identifiable information in a publicly accessible area of our website (e.g., public profile);
- we may use "cookies" information and "automatically collected" information to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the website; (b) provide customized third party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the website and third party marketing activities; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
- when we communicate with employers, insurance carriers, relocation companies, travel agencies, companies or organizations, who have made reservations, agreed to make payments, arranged for discounts, or purchased services on your behalf or if you use our services under a corporate or other commercial account;
- if you seek to have your rental charges invoiced to your employer or any other third party, we may disclose personally identifiable data about you to that employer or third party and to any companies that assist the third party in processing invoices;
- when we report to credit card issuers, credit reporting and fraud checking agencies and debt collection agencies, but only to the extent necessary to comply with contractual agreements;
- if you choose to do business with us through, or with the assistance of, your employer's or any third party's travel agent, relocation company or other intermediary, we may disclose personally identifiable data about you to the employer or other intermediary to make, modify or cancel a reservation made by or with the assistance of the agent, to respond to questions or comments made by the agent on your behalf, to facilitate any other task that the employer or intermediary advises us that you intend for the agent to fulfill, or that such an agent would, as a matter of industry practice, typically fulfill;
- in situations where sharing or disclosing your information is required in order to offer you services you desire, but only in the event we advise you of our intention to share such information;
- when companies or service providers that perform business activities on behalf of MyKey require such information (e.g., credit card processing, customer support services, market research administration or database management services)
- in the event MyKey is involved in a merger or acquisition, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from you, in connection therewith;
- to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or obligations in accordance with applicable law or court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, and otherwise in our good faith belief that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, to operate any website properly, or to protect or defend our rights or the rights or well-being of our employees, users or others or if you are involved (or are suspected by governmental authorities or our security functions to be involved) in any illegal activity; or
- in case of emergency such as to safeguard the life, health, or property of an individual. If personally identifiable information is shared as mentioned above, we will limit the scope of such information that is furnished solely to the amount necessary for the performance of the specific function. We may confirm personal information you provide us on applications and forms, or as a resident of one of our communities, with third parties, such as your bank, employer, present mortgage company or landlord, utility providers, government entities, credit agencies, and other businesses where you have an account or a credit card. Unless otherwise precluded by legal process, we require third parties to protect your personally identifiable information in a similar manner as set forth in this Privacy Statement, and abide by applicable privacy laws and regulations.
Use of Email
We will use your email address to send a confirmation and, if necessary, may use the other information to contact you for help in processing the reservation. We also may use your email address to:
- send you pre-arrival confirmation details;
- notify you about special offers and promotions;
- communicate emergency or crisis-related information;
- send you copies of your bills when you request them; and
- send you periodic satisfaction or market research surveys.
As part of our commitment to keep you informed, we may contact you via mail, email, telephone, or by other means to confirm your departure date, ensure your customer satisfaction, notify you of new MyKey products and services, or upcoming MyKey special offers, events, enhancements, or other relevant information that may be of interest to you. You may also receive mailings or other communications from carefully selected partners, such as our referral partners or our customer satisfaction surveyors. We may offer you the option to decline any or all of these communications by following the directions included in our emails or other communications, or by contacting MyKey directly at the contact information listed under the Access section.
MyKey strives to keep all our customers and visitors informed and equally able to take advantage of the benefits offered by MyKey and its strategic partners. However, if you reside outside of Canada, certain data privacy regulations may require us to obtain your permission before we send you information that you have not requested from us.
In some cases, your permission will be implied from the nature of the service requested or transaction undertaken. For example, MyKey may collect and use personally identifiable information that you volunteer, or behavioral data or information collected in the aggregate. In addition, your permission will be deemed given for communications from us that are necessary to fulfill transactions and services that you request.
It is MyKey's intent and one of our missions to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date for the purposes for which it is used. You can help us ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate and complete, you can contact us with the request to receive a copy of this information, correct, update, delete or deactivate it either by emailing our us or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. Please provide your full name and street address and telephone number on your request.
To update or change your information or to opt-out of receiving marketing material:
- Follow directions on a marketing e-mail or direct mail communication from us, or
- Call 1-844-627-8759, or
- Send an email with your current contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Send a request with your current contact information to:
- Master Key Alliance Inc.
- 403 – 402 22st Street East
- Saskatoon, SK S7K 0C3
MyKey will take reasonable steps to implement your request to opt out of electronic communication. However, please note that due to production and mailing timelines, it may take up to 10 business days to fulfill the request and, until that takes effect, you may still receive electronic communication from us.
Data Security Statement
MyKey recognizes the importance of information security, and is constantly reviewing and enhancing all technical, physical, and logical security rules and procedures. MyKey uses reasonable methods to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
MyKey's website and server have security measures in place to help protect your personally identifiable information against loss, misuse, and alteration while under our control. Although guaranteed security does not exist either on or off the Internet, we safeguard your information using internationally accepted methods.
MyKey secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment. When personal information (such as a credit card number or other financial information) is transmitted through our website, it is protected through the use of encryption by way of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an encryption method used to help protect your data from interception and hacking while in transit. MyKey protects against unauthorized access of this data by using both technology and comprehensive security policies.
In the event that a breach in personally identifiable data be discovered, MyKey will take the necessary steps to secure the breach, mitigate its impact, and inform the affected parties within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach where reasonably feasible. If it is deemed that the breach is likely to result in a high risk of adversely affecting individuals' rights and freedoms, MyKey will inform those individuals. A breach notification will include the nature of the breach, contact details for the Data Protection Officer, and measures taken, or proposed to be taken to address the breach, including, where appropriate, measure to mitigate potential adverse affects.
A cookie is a very small text file that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's, or mobile device's hard drive. It assigns the computer with a unique identifier, which in turn, becomes your identification card whenever you return to the MyKey website.
Cookies are designed to save you time because they help us provide a customized experience tailored just for you without having to remind us of your preferences each time you return to our website. MyKey cookies are not designed to damage your files, nor can they read information from other files on your computer hard drive.
Cookies also help us provide a personalized online experience in the following ways:
- They remember your user name and password for future visits so log-in is easier and faster;
- They ensure you are provided with the appropriate frames and content;
- They ensure you obtain all requested information; and
- They help us deliver communications that are relevant and responsive to your interests and location.
MyKey cookies are limited to our website only, and are not designed to follow you when traveling on the internet after leaving the MyKey website. We track the usage of our website in order to better meet your needs and to help make it easier for you to find information in the future. Please note that in addition to MyKey cookies, various third parties may also place cookies on your computer's hard drive. MyKey is not responsible for the presence or absence of third party cookies, or for the technological capabilities or practices employed by third parties in connection with third party cookies.
If you would prefer not to have the benefits of cookies, your internet browser or other third party software on your workstation can be adjusted to treat cookies in different ways. Depending upon the type of browser you are using, you may be able to configure your browser so that: (i) you are prompted to accept or reject cookies on an individual basis; or (ii) you may be able to prevent your browser from accepting any cookies at all. You should refer to the supplier or manufacturer of your web browser for specific details about cookie security. However, you should also understand that rejecting cookies might affect your ability to perform certain transactions on our websites and our ability to recognize your browser from one visit to the next.
MyKey also uses pixel tags, sometimes called web beacons, to count how many people visit certain web pages. Information collected from invisible pixels is used and reported in the aggregate and does not contain personally identifiable information. MyKey may use this information to improve marketing programs and content.
MyKey and our email service provider also use pixel tags to:
- Track customer response to MyKey advertisements and website content;
- Determine your ability to receive HTML-based email messages. Our email service provider includes a pixel tag, which they refer to as a coded sensor in all of the HTML-based messages sent on our behalf. The sensor activates when the email message is opened and flags the email address of the user as one that is capable of receiving HTML-based email messages. This capability helps our service provider to send the email in a format you can read. The sensor does not collect or use any other information. If you cannot receive HTML, you will not receive a functioning sensor;
- Know how many users open an email and allow our service provider to compile aggregated statistics about an email campaign for us; and
- Allow us to better target interactive advertising, enhance customer support and Website usability, and provide offers and promotions that we believe would be of interest to you.
Links to Other Websites
In order to anticipate your needs, MyKey provides links to other websites for your convenience and information. MyKey is not responsible or liable for any content presented by or contained within any independent website, including, but not limited to, any advertising claims or marketing practices. Please note that while MyKey will protect your information on MyKey's website, we cannot control and will not be responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites. Third party websites that are accessed through links on our website have separate privacy and data collection practices, and security measures. We have no responsibility or liability for the practices, policies and security measures implemented by third parties on their websites. We recommend that you review the privacy statements and policies of linked websites to understand how those websites collect, use and store information.
MyKey takes its users' privacy concerns seriously. If you have comments or questions regarding MyKey's data privacy practices or our Online Privacy Statement, or you would like to update your information, modify your communication preferences, or if you do not want to receive marketing communications from MyKey in the future, you can contact us at:
- Master Key Alliance Inc.
- 403 – 402 22st Street East
- Saskatoon, SK S7K 0C3
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 1-844-627-8759
- In your letter, please describe your inquiry in as much detail as possible.
Changes and Updates to this Online Privacy Statement
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Online Privacy Statement, which may be revised periodically at our sole discretion. If we modify this Online Privacy Statement, we will make it available through the website, and indicate the date of the latest revision.
Any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this policy or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, shall be determined by an arbitration. The arbitration shall be administered by Stikeman Elliott pursuant to its International Arbitration Rules and Procedures. Judgment on the Award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. This clause shall not preclude parties from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration from a court of appropriate jurisdiction.