Location – Saskatoon SK
MyKey is growing! We’re searching for a Lead Designer to help us evolve our proprietary insurtech and internal and external systems.
MyKey is an exciting, fast-growing, technology-enhanced service company in the insurance and accommodation industry helping people with emergency accommodations at times of need.
The Lead Developer is a very important leadership position within our corporate family. You would be acting as a technical lead for projects and expected to work with stakeholders to gather, understand and act on user feedback. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing efficient solutions to problems by understanding the needs of the business and stakeholders.
- Working with stakeholders to understand scope and requirements for new projects and features
- Work as a liaison between stakeholders and technology team
- Maintain and modify existing applications
- Lead the technical efforts of new software development features and projects
- Understand and manage technology resources to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily and on time
- Follow best practices to write clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Good understanding of the hospitality field (or willingness to learn)
- Test applications in accordance with established standards
- Provide mentorship to other developers
- Work collaboratively with other developers to design solutions to problems
Education and Qualifications
- Diploma in Computer Systems Technology (CST) with 3 years experience or
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science with 3 years experience or
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple needs
Technology We Use
- Ruby on Rails
- DigitalOcean Cloud Hosting
Are YOU the right person for this career opportunity with MyKey? If so, we can hardly wait to meet you!
MyKey is committed to building a diverse workforce. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, a native-ancestry person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply. MyKey has also established an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise MyKey in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Job Type: Full-time